Non-residential Retreat - Public Health Provisions
Arrival and Introduction
- Retreatants are asked to arrive at the time indicated by email and to come take a seat in reception, if available. If all spaces are occupied, please wait outside the reception area.
- All retreatants will be pre-booked and registered with payments made in advance by card in preference to cash.
- Confirmation of your personal details will be requested in advance, to allow your details to be available for potential contact tracing.
- A valid EU Digital COVID Certificate (COVID pass) (vaccine or recovery certificate) is required from 7 December 2021.
- A temperature check may complement the other information the retreatant has offered.
- A receipt, if it has been asked for in advance, can be collected from reception.
- You will have the use of an individually assigned seat in the Dining Room; this is intended for your exclusive use during your stay.
- You will be given a code to allow you to come back into the building during the day.
- We will not be able to admit anyone arriving late until an introduction has been arranged.
Refreshments and Dining
- The Tea Room is available for individual use during the day.
- Lunch will be available from 1:00 pm. Please queue using the spacing marked on the floor, if available. If all spaces are occupied, please take your designated seat and wait until a queuing space becomes available.
- Use your tray to collect your starter, main course and dessert before you begin.
- When you are finished eating, you don’t need to clear your table - it will be attended to by the Dining Room staff.
You may choose to sign up for an individual meeting with a member of the team or to celebrate the Sacrament of Reconciliation with one of the priests. Long sessions will be avoided and physical distancing maintained. Sanitisers are present in all rooms and time will be allowed for ventilation.
Chapel and Prayer Room
- You are welcome to choose your seat in the Arrupe Chapel, while observing physical distancing.
- The Evie Hone Room will be available for individual use. Please use the spaces indicated, not moving the furniture from its placement.
- Details regarding the celebration of the Eucharist will be described at the time.
- The Chalice will not be generally shared.
- Face covering/masks must be worn at all times other than when sitting at their dining table.
- Please observe physical distancing throughout the day. Avoid congregating with others while waiting.
- Signage is present throughout the building to indicate changes of procedure and visitors are asked to use the hand sanitiser available and to note that hand washing is encouraged and facilitated.
- To keep the amount of paper in circulation to a minimum, please bring your own Bible, paper and pens and keep them with you.
- You will have agreed to inform a member of staff if you feel unwell during the day.
- In the event of your leaving early, please ensure that your absence is noted.