Welcome to Manresa
As Ireland responds to the global spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) by entering a Delay Phase, all programmes in Manresa until Sunday 19 April 2020 are cancelled or postponed. Participants will be contacted.
Isn’t the Internet great when, for example, you wonder about the word quarantine and its connection with Lent? There is so much good online that we can settle for the merely interesting. God’s spirit is delightfully present when we find life and inspiration unexpectedly, when we have the time and opportunity to allow ourselves to be digitally blessed.
Among the excellent resources published by the Health Services Executive in Ireland in this trying time is Minding your mental health during the coronavirus outbreak; it offers a timely reminder about managing your news and media diet. It sometimes takes a little work to push through the news and to find Good News. Thankfully, there are many resources for prayer and reflection online:
- Sacred Space and Pray as you go collaborate on a Lenten Retreat 2020: Journeying with Jesus
- Some time perusing the Lent Resources from Trócaire may offer glimpses of the lives of others that open new perspectives for prayer.
- Someone you know may appreciate the reassurance offered by recalling Acts of Spiritual Communion Prayer.pdf as they feel themselves restricted in finding mass online from a site like ChurchServices.tv.
- Video channels such as The Pope Video, a global initiative developed by the Pope’s Worldwide Prayer Network (Apostleship of Prayer), and iCatholic.ie can inspire.
- Select a few good information sources and enrich yourself by taking some time to consider, variously, Top 10 Things You Need to Know about Pope Francis’ Laudato Si’ or a news site with a religious angle on our current crisis.
Tweet any links that you like and find helpful to @ManresaIreland - you will find occasional posts there too.