Covid-19: June 2022
The management and staff of Manresa Jesuit Centre of Spirituality have carefully reviewed each aspect of the working of the house, modifying operating procedures and developing policies in consultation with a health and safety professional. We have prepared a detailed Coronavirus (COVID–19) Response Plan, (incorporating a Return to Work Protocol, Policy and Risk Assessment) which is designed to safeguard everyone’s health and safety; all the staff you will meet have been trained in the new procedures. Our usual approach to silence will continue and many others aspects dealt with in our Frequently Asked Questions may be of help.
- Face covering/masks may worn when indoors, at your discretion.
- All retreatants will be pre-booked and registered with payments preferably made in advance by card over the phone. A receipt, if it has been asked for in advance, can be collected from reception.
- Signage is present throughout the building to indicate changes of procedure and visitors are asked to use the hand sanitiser available and to note that hand washing is encouraged and facilitated.
- To keep the amount of paper in circulation to a minimum, retreatants will bring own their own paper, pens, art materials.
- Intending guests will allow their details to be available for potential contact tracing, filling in a form prior to arrival and confirming details before their stay.
- For your own confidence and for the reassurance of those you may meet, you may wish to take an antigen test before your visit to Manresa. Should you wish to take an antigen test while you are here, please ensure that you have sufficient kits with you, making provision for indeterminate results. In the event of a positive test result, be ready to restrict your contacts immediately and advise us by telephone.
- Late arrivals will be accommodated as soon as practicable.
- You will have agreed to inform a member of staff if you feel unwell during the day.
- In the event of your leaving early, please ensure that your absence is noted.
Chapel and Prayer Room
- You are welcome to choose your seat in the Arrupe Chapel.
- The Evie Hone Prayer Room will be available for individual use. Please use the spaces indicated, not moving the furniture from its placement.
- Details regarding the celebration of the Eucharist will be described at the time.
- The Chalice will not be generally shared.
One to ones
- You may choose to sign up for an individual meeting with a member of the team or to celebrate the Sacrament of Reconciliation with one of the priests. Long sessions will be avoided and physical distancing maintained. Sanitisers are present in all rooms and time will be allowed for ventilation.
Refreshments and Dining
- The Tea Room is available use during the day.
- Lunch will be available from 1:00 pm or per the retreat timetable.
- Use your tray to collect your starter, main course and dessert before you begin.
- When you are finished eating, you don’t need to clear your table - it will be attended to by the Dining Room staff.