Spiritual Direction (Second Year) [2017-2019]
This is, at its core, a formation programme, fostering a reflective approach to life and noticing God at the heart of it.
During the second year of the course central aspects of spiritual direction are re-visited and deepened with a more specific focus on the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius of Loyola, on discernment, and on the reflection on your ongoing practice of spiritual direction. The second year is characterised by an integration of learning.
Topics covered in the second year include:
- The roles of ‘director’ and ‘directee’ in spiritual direction
- Human frailty and the need of God
- Understanding the human person & the meaning of Christ’s coming
- Christ’s call to work for justice and peace
- Growing in freedom; discerning good choices
- Contemplative prayer
The programme is interactive, experiential and will engage participants at a personal level. Different methods are employed such as: input; case studies; ‘real’ plays; triads; discussion; guided reading; written reflection; group work and ongoing supervision on a one-to-one basis that continues throughout the two years of the programme.