Megan McKenna is a theologian, author and lecturer who has been awarded doctorates in Scripture and in Adult Education and Literacy. Megan’s gifts as storyteller, spiritual writer and retreat giver are evident as she puts her love of words at the service of the gospel. Having travelled widely among numerous indigenous groups, basic Christian communities, parishes, dioceses, and religious congregations, she served on the National Board of Pax Christi and, in 2002, was appointed its ambassador of peace.
Writing of her most recent book, Like a Hammer Shattering Rock, Jean Vanier said that her ‘excellent book is a source of hope. She calls the disciples of Jesus to be a good news to the poor and the rejected.’
A native of New York, Megan currently lives in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Among her numerous books are:
- Send My Roots Rain: A Spirituality of Justice and Mercy, 2003
- The New Stations of the Cross, 2003
- Praying the Rosary, 2004
- On Your Mark: Reading Mark in the Shadow of the Cross, 2006
- And Morning Came: Scriptures of the Resurrection, 2007
- Harm Not The Earth, 2008
- Matthew: The Book Of Mercy, 2007
- The Hour Of The Tiger: Facing Our Fears, 2009
- Luke: The Book Of Blessings And Woes, 2009
- This Will Be Remembered of Her: Stories of Women Reshaping the World, 2010
- We Live Inside A Story, 2010
- Like a Hammer Shattering Rock: Hearing the Gospels Today, 2013