Time online: Friday 5 June 2020
- The Feast of the Sacred Heart is on Friday 19 June. You can prepare for it by the Messenger’s Sacred Heart Novena 2020 or by visiting Gardiner Street Parish (where the novena will be available by webcam). The novena there has as its theme, “Is your heart in the right place?” Kieran O’Mahony OSA will deliver a homily daily from Thursday 11 June to Friday 19 June. Find out more at www.gardinerstparish.ie or on Facebook
- The Pope’s intentions for June are described on Praying with the Pope in June 2020 on Pathways to God.
- Early in the pandemic, Pope Francis invited us to be witnesses to hope. we might return and linger with his encouraging words of Francis so we can be joyful witnesses when there may be a “famine of hope” Gaudete et exsultate: Apostolic Exhortation on the call to holiness in today’s world (19 March 2018) | Francis
- Pope Francis sent a message to President Ivan Duque Marquez of Colombia, which had been scheduled to host a global meeting for World Environment Day (Friday 5 June) saying, Don’t look the other way.
- Draw on Trocaire’s action plan for implementing Laudato Si’
- Patricia Gualinga, a leader of the Kichwa indigenous community of Sarayaku, Ecuador, writes that Laudato Si’ validates centuries of indigenous knowledge to defend nature
- Brendan McManus SJ’s latest book The Way to Manresa tells the story of Brendan’s experiences along the Ignatian Camino in Spain and his sense of a spirituality of failure.
- The ‘Laudato Tree’ initiative to help build the Great Green Wall is described by Don Mullan on Vatican News.