Time online: Friday 22 May 2020
- Chris Johnstone describes the importance of Active Hope in an article, Seeing with New Eyes
- The Vatican’s Dicastery for Promoting Integral Human Development has announced a Special Laudato Si’ Anniversary Year from 24th May 2020 – 24th May 2021 and presents a document with dates and suggestions about how to measure integral ecology.
- Thinking Faith: The online journal of the Jesuits in Britain has an interview with Michael Cardinal Czerny who urges us to be Co-creators of a better world. The Czech-Canadian Jesuit was active in social justice and peace initiatives for many years.
- America Magazine includes a piece on How the ascension of Christ made room for the church
- Tom Casey SJ describes how Mary made a new man of Ignatius on - Jesuits Ireland
- A celebration of the fifth anniversary of “Laudato Si” will be presented by the Laudato Si Working Group of the Irish Episcopal Conference in conjunction with the Margaret Aylward Centre for Faith and Development on Sunday 24 May. You can register here
- The composer of songs such as, “Here I Am, Lord,” “City of God,” and “Sing a New Song,” offers a Pentecost Novena, with a YouTube video for each day between Friday 22 May and Sunday 31 May.
- A new National Helpline will be run by the Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS) Ireland to support asylum seekers in Direct Provision and Emergency Accommodation during the COVID–19 pandemic.[JRS launches Covid–19 helpline - Jesuits Ireland].
- Counter social distance: Ramadan ends on Saturday 23 May if; wish your Muslim neighbours “Eid Mubarak” (happy eid) with any kinds of sweets.
- Friday 22 May is International Day for Biological Diversity. We do our best for biodiversity in Manresa (not tripping over foxes, giving badgers a wide berth, enjoying the meadow and pond achieve their balances...). We are guided by the All-Ireland Pollinator Plan and are encouraged by Biodiversity Ireland’s Top–10 lists.