Ignatian spirituality can be helpful to you when you find yourself making statements such as the following:
- "My life seems to be in a rut, and I can't move forward."
- "I'd love to be able to make good decisions consistently."
- "Things just seem to happen to me: I seem to have no personal power or responsibility."
- "My life's out of control: things are too big for me. I'm not important, and I've no effect on what goes on."
- "I make decisions all right, but how can I know that I'm pleasing God in them?"
Ignatian spirituality offers a way of seeing the connection between ourselves, our God and our world. It involves learning a way of dealing with our lives, through good decision making. There is a dynamic relationship between us, the world and God, and we need help to engage rightly with these three realities, and so live out our lives fully and richly in the concrete.